The Maharishi Secondary School for Girls in Mbale, Uganda,
a Consciousness-Based Education School, provides students an opportunity to succeed, flourish and become leaders for Uganda and all of Africa.
by African Women and Girls Organization for Total Knowledge website
24 July 2016
The Maharishi Secondary School for Girls (MSSG) is a rare achievement by a unique school, created to fill the need for education for girls in Uganda. The Transcendental Meditation is a core feature of the school—all students learn the TM technique upon entering the school and enjoy twice daily practice at the beginning and end of the school day.
* Maharishi Secondary School for Girls, Mbale District was licensed to operate in 2009.
* In January 2010 Maharishi Secondary School for Girls gained Registration by the Uganda Government as a private secondary school.
* In April 2010 Maharishi Secondary School for Girls, Mbale District, was awarded a Uganda National Examination Board number as a National Exam Centre.
* Maharishi Secondary School for Girls gained full accreditation as a secondary school in just 14 months after being licensed. These highest levels of accreditation for a secondary school in Uganda usually take several years for a school to obtain.
* After 3 successful years of National examinations at Senior 4 level, Ideal Girls High School was accredited to add Senior 5 and 6 classes beginning in 2013.
What the Students Have to Say:
"When I meditate I feel happier than before. I feel more energetic and improved in my thinking about my life. When I meditate my mind becomes settled and I feel confident in my work. I find that there is more clarity in my mind and I am able to solve any problem, and I am able to socialize with other students due to greater happiness in my life."
—M.J., Senior Two, Maharishi Secondary School for Girls
"Since I learned TM, my health has started improving and I have become more energetic. Meditation has also relieved my stresses, and it has improved my happiness and love for everyone. With meditation I feel strong and relaxed. Meditation has improved my understanding at school, and I have become more self-reliant and have greater self-control."
—L.J., Form Two, Maharishi Secondary School for Girls
"Since I started meditating I have improved in my general health. I have improved in my academic performance. I have increased self-esteem. I feel free from stress and anxiety. I feel greater happiness, which has even spread to my family."
—C.E., Form Two, Maharishi Secondary School for Girls
What the Directors Have to Say:
"Maharishi Secondary School for Girls is helping to make Ugandan families healthier. Educated women understand how to feed and care for their families. But most Ugandan girls do not even attend secondary school, and even fewer complete their secondary school years or attend a university. Another example of the need for education for girls is in combatting HIV/AIDS in Uganda. . . Maharishi Secondary School for Girls gives girls a natural focus on more life-supporting values.
"Maharishi Secondary School for Girls offers the most unique education in the world for Ugandan girls, providing an opportunity for them to succeed, flourish and become leaders for Uganda and all of Africa.
"Research shows that in Consciousness-Based Education there is less absenteeism and fewer drop outs. Girls who remain in school grow naturally in the ability to focus, learn more, understand issues of health, and set strong life priorities. They are prepared for a fuller life and for raising healthy families."
—Grant and Barbrah Lusimbo, Directors, Maharishi Secondary School for Girls
© Copyright 2016 Global Good News®