1000 students practicing the TM-Sidhi program at the Dhammajarinee Witthaya School will be enough to uplift and protect the entire country of Thailand.
by Global Projects for Peace, Dhammajarinee Witthaya School, Thailand website
4 January 2020
The Dhammajarinee Witthaya School is a free Buddhist boarding school, serving orphaned, impoverished, and other disadvantaged girls who would otherwise have no opportunity for a quality education.
Since the school's founding by Buddhist nuns in 1993, enrollment has expanded to about 800 students. Kindergarten through secondary school levels are now offered.
Poverty, human trafficking, and child prostitution are serious problems in Thailand. This wonderful school provides a safe haven, along with an extraordinarily effective approach to holistic education, for these at-risk girls.
Holistic, Consciousness-Based Education at DWS
All aspects of the students' growth and development are taken into account:
- Development of consciousness--the basis for all of the other aspects of life--through the practice of the Transcendental Meditation (TM) technique and the more advanced TM-Sidhi program. TM has been well documented to improve academic performance, reduce stress, enhance creativity, and improve health in many, many ways.
- Standard academic disciplines in preparation for university studies. Job skills training and apprenticeship opportunities are arranged for students who do not plan to attend university.
- Teaching of Buddhist precepts, an integral part of Thai culture, by the dedicated nuns.
- Caring for the school environment. Students develop discipline and practical skills working alongside the nuns.
- Participation in the arts, music, dance, and traditional celebrations.
- Free medical and dental care, complementing the health benefits of TM.
- Fresh, organic food, much of which is grown on school property by the nuns and the students.
- An atmosphere of warmth and love. The nuns appreciate the need to nurture and protect the tender hearts of these children who are either without family or living away from home.
The Special Impact of Expanding this School
When large groups of people practice the TM and TM-Sidhi program together, they create a powerful influence of coherence in the surroundings. The bigger the group, the more far-reaching the influence. The expansion of DWS to 1000 students practicing the TM-Sidhi program will be enough to uplift and protect the entire country of Thailand.
Girls' education is widely regarded as a very powerful leverage point for breaking the cycle of poverty and solving socio-economic problems. The Dhammajarinee Witthaya School not only changes the destiny of girls fortunate enough to attend, it also changes the destiny of the entire country of Thailand.
© Copyright 2020 Global Projects for Peace